Following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you do not see your question and answer, please click here to e-mail your question to our sales department or call toll free 866-587-1597.
How Do I Place an Order? Click here for order form
Phone - Call the toll-free number, 866-587-1597, and follow these simple steps to help us process your order quickly and correctly. The hours of operation for phone orders are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- Dial the toll-free number.
- Give your business’ name, address, city, state and zip code.
- Have your customer identification number (located on the top left side of your invoice under Customer No.) available.
- Be prepared to give your order. Please have part numbers along with quantities.
Fax - To order by fax, please be sure the order is legible and complete. After filling out your order, fax to 515-223-4220.
Mail - Please fill out your order completely and legibly. Incomplete information may cause delays. Mail orders to:
- Duracable Manufacturing Company
- 300 Ashworth Road
- West Des Moines, IA 50265
How Fast Will I Receive My Orders?
Most orders are processed and shipped within 3-5 business days of receipt. Delivery times can vary depending on your location. Overnight shipments are available by request; however, overnight shipping charges are more expensive.
Methods of Payment - There are three methods of payment available:
- Open account. A line of credit is determined by Duracable® Manufacturing Company. You will be billed for all purchases.
- C.O.D. (Cash on delivery)
- Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. Specify when ordering.
Net 30 days. All balances must be paid within 30 days of invoice date - please allow 3 to 4 days for postal delivery.
All balances over 30 days past due will be subject to a 1-1/2% monthly late charge (18% ).
How fast will I receive my orders? Most orders are processed and shipped within 3-5 business days of receipt. Delivery times can vary depending on your location. Overnight shipments are available by request; however, overnight shipping charges are more expensive.
What will shipping costs be? Shipping costs will vary based on material classification, weight, distance and the carrier used. Duracable® Manufacturing will try to find the most economical way to ship your order within the time frame you give us. We consider:
- Weight: Individual packages up to 150 lbs. are shipped United Parcel Service (UPS). Packages more than these weight limits should go by Motor Freight. With Motor Freight there is a single charge for packages up to a weight break level. The freight break levels are, typically, 500 lbs., 1000 lbs., etc. The higher the level you are in, the lower the cost is to ship per 100 lbs.
- Speed: UPS offers one-day and two-day air delivery anywhere in the U.S.; however, they charge a premium for one- and two-day service. Duracable® Manufacturing receives discounts from several freight carriers. These savings are passed on to you when shipping your order.
My shipment was damaged. Who is responsible? When the driver signs for the shipment picked up from Duracable® Manufacturing, his signature indicates he has received all items listed on the Bill of Lading in good order and accepts the responsibility to deliver these items to you in the same good order. To guard against financial loss from damaged or lost shipments, you should take the following precautions.
- When your shipment arrives, check to make certain all items on the Freight Bill agree with the Bill of Lading or invoice from Duracable® Manufacturing.
- The fact that goods are damaged or the shipment is short does not, in and of itself, justify a refusal to accept the merchandise.
- In case of shortage or damage, have the driver note the shortage or damage on the Freight Bill and sign it. Once you sign the Freight Bill without any notation of damage or loss, the transportation company is no longer liable. Any concealed damage found when thoroughly checking your shipment must be reported to the transportation company within 15 days of delivery.
- If a claim is necessary, the transportation company normally will inspect the damage or trace the loss, provide you with a claim form, and assist you in completing the form. Remember, the copy of the Freight Bill with the shortage or damage noted on it and signed by the delivering carrier’s representative is the best possible support for your claim. Although our legal liability for your shipment ceases when the transportation company signs for it at our dock, we are always willing to help you in any way possible in tracing lost shipments or assisting you with your claims when necessary.
How Do I Return an Item?
Items Under Warranty - If something should break on your machine while still under warranty, contact your account manager. You will need to supply the serial number, model number and explain the problem. Please also provide a copy of your original invoice and invoice number. Your account manager will provide you with an Returned Goods Authorization number. This number must be identified on the outside of the package. Duracable® will have UPS® pick up the package at no charge to you.
Non-Returnable Goods - The following items may not be returned: goods more than 90 days old; goods that were a special order; goods purchased that have been discontinued; goods that are unacceptable for resale; goods returned without proper documentation; goods returned without an Returned Goods Authorization number; machines without a serial number; whole cases of goods purchased must return the whole case; and goods not in the original carton or case.
How Do I Get My Machine Repaired?
Repairs - If your machine is not working properly you may return it to Duracable® for inspection and/or repairs. Contact your account manager for an Returned Goods Authorization number. Package the machine properly and identify the outside of the package with the RGA number. You are responsible for the freight. Duracable® will inspect your machine for a fee of $67 an hour. Your account manager will contact you and explain what repairs need to be done and at what cost. If you decide to have Duracable® repair your machine, the inspection fee will be credited.
Is it Under Warranty?
Drain Care Products - ProClean® Drain Care Products are guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase. Duracable® will replace the product, not the retail purchase price. For RootX, you must make a claim within one year of purchase, not within the first year of application, and Duracable® will replace the product.
Time Flow Meters - Time Flow Meters have a one-year warranty.
Knight® Time Flow Meters - The circuit board has a two-year warranty from the date of purchase. The motor and transformer have a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. Only the circuit board carries a serial number which is traced for the date of manufacture. To return a Knight® Time Flow Meter, you must have the serial number, a copy of the receipt, and a Knight® Return Authorization (KRA). Duracable® will provide you with the KRA and the shipping address of Knight®. If the unit is covered by the warranty, Knight® will repair and return the time flow meter.
Machines - All machines need to be returned to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. Duracable® Drain Cleaning Machines have a two-year warranty on the frame and motor from the date of purchase. There is a three-year warranty on the frame and gearbox from the date of purchase for the DM55, DM162 and DM175. Ridgid has a six month guarantee on the motor for the K7500 and the K3800. Guarantee is at the manufacturer’s (Ridgid) discretion.
The rubber air foot pedal has a two-year warranty and the metal air foot pedal has a one-year warranty. If you, the customer, have purchased a MiniMax® machine and later purchase an air foot pedal, you will VOID the warranty if you install the foot pedal yourself. To keep the warranty valid, you must ship the MiniMax machine back to Duracable® Manufacturing Company for the installation of the air foot pedal. A $35 labor fee will be charged.
GFCI Cord - The GFCI cord has a two-year warranty.
Reels - Reels have a two-year warranty.
Jetters - There is a limited lifetime year warranty on jetters. Guarantee is at the discretion of the manufacturer (General Wire Spring Co., Ridgid, MyTana Manufacturing Co.). Parts ordered, used and deemed unacceptable for customer application cannot be returned to vendor for full credit. Vendor will not accept used product as new.
Cable - DuraFlex® cable is guaranteed for 30 days against material defects. If returning cable, the cable inventory tag must accompany the return with a minimum of seven feet of cable.
Blades and ends have a 30-day warranty.
Cameras and Locators - There is a limited lifetime warranty on cameras. Guarantee is at the discretion of the manufacturer.
Duracable Distributors - If you are a distributor and have a return of any kind, contact your account manager for procedural information.
Note - There is no warranty on the following types of “wear” items, including but not limited to: arms, bearings, belts, tires, reinforcement strips, etc.